Wednesday 8 February 2012

Big Girls Dress Up.... Frida Kahlo



To say I am in big lady love with Frida Kahlo is no understatement... Ever since I stumbled across the film "Frida" where the delicious Selma Hayek grew a moustache to play this woman,  I was hooked on finding out more and more about her... so i watched the film on repeat for about a month...last time I had done this was with Dirty Dancing when I was about 12 and was completely obsessed with the immortal phrase "I carried a watermelon"- that would have been such a me move- "hello gorgeous man... Im awkward and have fruit...." tumbleweeds...anywaayyy... enough of my social awkwardness.... SO I got obsessed with Frida and though I just cannot commit to the lengths of Selma by birthing my very own moustache; of any serious length at least... I did try a little modern re-imagining of the irrepressible Ms. Kahlo. Oh!! and I got some amazing Frida socks while I was in San Francisco which are just the best and felt appopriate to debut while taking some snaps....



All this was carried out listening to my new CD "Be My Baby" which I am obsessing over by the way...amazing girls of the sixties singing of difficult love...heaven!! I think Frida would appreciate the words of difficult love anywhoo....




(Gertie giving her best pose..) 

All very posey and taken with the camera on my mac but I've heard Testino is just thinking of quitting and working in a Londis so hey! who am I to judge...he's threatened I can tell... 

Earrings- Topshop
Chunky Gold Necklace- Primark
Wooden Necklace- Primark
Cotton embroidered blouse- Ebay.....









No comments:

Post a Comment